List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 25 2007 10:54am
Subject:Re: API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)
View as plain text
Jeechen Pan wrote:

> We have a ton of ancient code in VC++ 6.0.  That was why I downloaded
> 1.7.1.

I don't see why that should matter here.

If this program you're developing is new code, you just install VC++
2005 alongside VC++ 6.  This works without conflict.

If the new program must use some old code, I still don't see a problem.
  The new compiler can still link to libraries created with VC++ 6.  The
MFC limitation of the free version of VC++ 2005 shouldn't affect you in
a CGI or ISAPI program.

> Actually, the error message
> displayed in IE came from Web Server when
> http://Web_server_IP_address/examples.exe was run, so you may try this
> URL to see what happens.

I think you misunderstand something about CGI.  If the CGI program
doesn't print its results in the format that the web server expects, you
will get the error you describe.  CGI is simple, yes, but also very picky.
Thread
API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)Jeechen Pan23 May
  • Re: API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)Warren Young23 May
    • RE: API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)Jeechen Pan24 May
      • Re: API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)Warren Young25 May