List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 23 2007 9:19pm
Subject:Re: API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)
View as plain text
Jeechen Pan wrote:

> "CGI Error: The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a
> complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"

This has nothing to do with MySQL++.  CGI has certain very specific
requirements, which you must follow.  You can either Google for
information on CGI, or look at the cgi_jpeg example in the most recent
version of MySQL++.

Just as an aside, if I had to use IIS and C++ together, I'd probably
look at ISAPI before CGI.  It'll be far more efficient.  The only reason
we even have a CGI example in MySQL++ is the portable and low-overhead
nature of CGI.  The CGI aspect is a side issue: the main point of that
example is dealing with BLOBs, not HTTP.

> 1.7.1-Win32-vc++ API was used on Windows XP.

I'm genuinely curious: why are you using that version when the MySQL++
web page makes it crystal clear that we won't support it, and that there
is a free alternative that we will support?  I'm amazed that anyone ever
downloads this version, and yet it continues to be downloaded.  There's
something I clearly don't understand here, but I would like to.  If you
can enlighten me, I would appreciate it.
Thread
API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)Jeechen Pan23 May
  • Re: API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)Warren Young23 May
    • RE: API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)Jeechen Pan24 May
      • Re: API to retrieve MySQL data by Windows Web Server (IIS)Warren Young25 May