List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:May 11 2007 5:37pm
Subject:Re: Can't configure to build static library on Mac OS X 10.4.9
View as plain text
Paul Sydney wrote:
> There is no configuration option to enable building static library of
> mysql++.  configure --enable-static does not seem to work on Mac OS X
> 10.4.9.  Dynamic library builds fine and example programs run as well.

I'd bet that most MySQL++ users aren't building GPL licensed programs,
so I don't have a good enough reason to chase this myself.

(Statically linking to MySQL++ requires LGPL, but it implies static
linking to the MySQL C API library, which requires GPL, unless you've
purchased a commercial use license.)

You're welcome to submit a patch for consideration.
Thread
Can't configure to build static library on Mac OS X 10.4.9Paul Sydney11 May
  • Re: Can't configure to build static library on Mac OS X 10.4.9Warren Young11 May