List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Henk te Sligte Date:April 27 2007 7:38pm
Subject:Re: Compiling the examples
View as plain text
Warren Young wrote:
> Henk te Sligte wrote:
>>
>> although I looked all over the internet, I couldn't find an answer.
>
> Try looking a little closer to home: README.examples
I did, and I found out that by using exrun I could start those examples.
But, to get experience with MySQL++, I want to write and compile scripts
by myself.
>> laptop:/usr/src/mysql++-2.2.3/examples # g++ `mysql_config --libs
>> --cflags`
>> -I/usr/local/include/mysql++ -lmysqlpp -o simple1 simple1.cpp
>
> If you want to learn to build the examples without using the MySQL++
> build system, see Makefile.simple.
Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to use the information from the
Makefile.simple to compile my script. I don't have experience with
Makefile's in my own projects, I know that I can use it with  the "make"
command, but am I right if I say that I can use those makefiles only
with the "make" command? Or can I "extract" information from the
makefile to use with g++?

Thanks for your reply, by the way :)
Henk
Thread
Compiling the examplesHenk te Sligte27 Apr
  • Re: Compiling the examplesWarren Young27 Apr
    • Re: Compiling the examplesHenk te Sligte27 Apr
      • Re: Compiling the examplesWarren Young27 Apr
        • Re: Compiling the examplesHenk te Sligte28 Apr