List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Henk te Sligte Date:April 27 2007 9:32am
Subject:Compiling the examples
View as plain text
Hi all,

(note that this is my first post to a mailing list, so I hope I am doing it
the right way)

I am trying to get started with mysql++, and use the examples to try things
out. But unfortunately: I can't get the first example running, and although
I looked all over the internet, I couldn't find an answer. This is what I am
running to get the examples compiled:

laptop:/usr/src/mysql++-2.2.3/examples # g++ `mysql_config --libs --cflags`
-I/usr/local/include/mysql++ -lmysqlpp -o simple1 simple1.cpp
/tmp/ccLyCubk.o: In function `main':
/usr/src/mysql++-2.2.3/examples/simple1.cpp:41: undefined reference to
`connect_to_db(int, char**, mysqlpp::Connection&, char const*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

As far as I can see: the compiling looks good. But it looks like the linking
process doesn't work. According to the README.unix, I put the directory
where the library's are in /etc/ls.so.conf, but that didn't help me out.
Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Henk

Thread
Compiling the examplesHenk te Sligte27 Apr
  • Re: Compiling the examplesWarren Young27 Apr
    • Re: Compiling the examplesHenk te Sligte27 Apr
      • Re: Compiling the examplesWarren Young27 Apr
        • Re: Compiling the examplesHenk te Sligte28 Apr