List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Roland Hill Date:April 24 2007 2:04am
Subject:Re: Visual C++ Release build
View as plain text
Michael,

After VC++ automatically upgrades the supplied files to a solution you
need to set up the release and debug configurations as per the
instructions (you said you have already done this for the release
version). Change your build type to Debug and rebuild the solution. This
will create a debug folder under mysql++-2.2.2 eg \mysql++-2.2.2\debug.
In there will be a debug version of mysqlpp.dll. You can then change the
build type to Release, make sure you rebuild the solution and a
\mysql++-2.2.2\release folder will be created with a release version of
mysqlpp.dll. Just copy the versions from the appropriate folder to your
own project folders. Don't worry about the install.bat - I found it
didn't work properly on Windows (don't know about Linux and I haven't
downloaded 2.2.3 yet).

Roland

Michael Nye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm sorry but how do you compile two separate dll files under visual
> studio? I've never seen two different copies of the file it has always
> only been one.  When I run install.bat it creates the two separate
> folders debug/release, but does not place any files into these folders.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Michael.
>
> Roland Hill wrote:
>> Michael,
>>
>> I also had some strange behaviour using mysql++ in Visual C++. I
>> haven't checked this thoroughly, but I have found the errors went
>> away when I made sure I was using a debug version of mysqlpp.dll with
>> my debug code and a release version with my release code. The easiest
>> way is to compile both versions of the dll and copy the appropriate
>> ones to your \debug and \release folders with the executables.
>>
>> Roland
>>

>> Michael Nye wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have recently create a program in visual c++ using mysql++ and am
>>> now on the stage of looking to create an executable for
>>> distribution.  As such I am now trying to make my program work under
>>> a Release build.  I have followed configuration settings from the
>>> example wforms for the Release build and the form will load up
>>> fine.  However when I click the button which executes a query, it
>>> seems to get stuck at the line,
>>>
>>> mysqlpp::Result res = query.store(query_stdstr);  where query_stdstr
>>> is just a simple query (eg. SELECT * FROM staff WHERE staff_name =
>>> 'joe').  The query object has been setup using mysqlpp::Query query
>>> = con.query(); and has successfully connected to the database.  Once
>>> the program tries to execute the query the form will simply close
>>> itself down normally (no crash/error warning).  It is very strange
>>> for me because the program works fully in Debug mode but is having
>>> this trouble in release mode.  If I change the coding to simply
>>> print the text "hello world" on a label on the form instead of
>>> executing the query it works fine, so it seems to me to be something
>>> wrong with my settings relating to mysql++ or an incompatibility.
>>>
>>> So my question is has anyone else encountered a release build visual
>>> c++ program or know why there would be problems like above?
>>> Thanks for any help,
>>>
>>> Michael.

Thread
MySQL++ v2.2.2 release imminentWarren Young12 Apr
  • Re: MySQL++ v2.2.2 release imminentRemi Collet12 Apr
  • Visual C++ Release buildMichael Nye23 Apr
    • Re: Visual C++ Release buildDrew M.23 Apr
    • Re: Visual C++ Release buildRoland Hill24 Apr
      • Re: Visual C++ Release buildWarren Young24 Apr
        • Re: Visual C++ Release buildMichael Nye24 Apr
Re: Visual C++ Release buildRoland Hill24 Apr
  • Re: Visual C++ Release buildWarren Young25 Apr