List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 24 2007 12:55am
Subject:Re: Visual C++ Release build
View as plain text
Roland Hill wrote:

> I haven't
> checked this thoroughly, but I have found the errors went away when I
> made sure I was using a debug version of mysqlpp.dll with my debug code
> and a release version with my release code.

It wasn't just something weird on your system, it's fundamental: you
can't use a debug MySQL++ DLL from a release executable.  (Dunno if the
converse is true as well.)  Guaranteed havoc results if you try.  I can
only guess why this is, but since the fix is so simple, I'm not
motivated to find out for sure.
Thread
MySQL++ v2.2.2 release imminentWarren Young12 Apr
  • Re: MySQL++ v2.2.2 release imminentRemi Collet12 Apr
  • Visual C++ Release buildMichael Nye23 Apr
    • Re: Visual C++ Release buildDrew M.23 Apr
    • Re: Visual C++ Release buildRoland Hill24 Apr
      • Re: Visual C++ Release buildWarren Young24 Apr
        • Re: Visual C++ Release buildMichael Nye24 Apr
Re: Visual C++ Release buildRoland Hill24 Apr
  • Re: Visual C++ Release buildWarren Young25 Apr