List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Drew M. Date:April 23 2007 3:54pm
Subject:Re: Visual C++ Release build
View as plain text
A few thoughts:

Well, what settings have you changed between debug and release?

Is it possible that you are catching an exception that the lib is throwing,
and then exiting gracefully? I have had that 'masking' issue happen to me.

Is it possible that that your query is returning 0 results, thereby causing
some downstream problems?

On 4/23/07, Michael Nye <michael.nye@stripped> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have recently create a program in visual c++ using mysql++ and am now
> on the stage of looking to create an executable for distribution.  As
> such I am now trying to make my program work under a Release build.  I
> have followed configuration settings from the example wforms for the
> Release build and the form will load up fine.  However when I click the
> button which executes a query, it seems to get stuck at the line,
>
> mysqlpp::Result res = query.store(query_stdstr);
>
> where query_stdstr is just a simple query (eg. SELECT * FROM staff WHERE
> staff_name = 'joe').  The query object has been setup using
> mysqlpp::Query query = con.query(); and has successfully connected to
> the database.  Once the program tries to execute the query the form will
> simply close itself down normally (no crash/error warning).  It is very
> strange for me because the program works fully in Debug mode but is
> having this trouble in release mode.  If I change the coding to simply
> print the text "hello world" on a label on the form instead of executing
> the query it works fine, so it seems to me to be something wrong with my
> settings relating to mysql++ or an incompatibility.
>
> So my question is has anyone else encountered a release build visual c++
> program or know why there would be problems like above?
>
> Thanks for any help,
>
> Michael.

MySQL++ v2.2.2 release imminentWarren Young12 Apr
  • Re: MySQL++ v2.2.2 release imminentRemi Collet12 Apr
  • Visual C++ Release buildMichael Nye23 Apr
    • Re: Visual C++ Release buildDrew M.23 Apr
    • Re: Visual C++ Release buildRoland Hill24 Apr
      • Re: Visual C++ Release buildWarren Young24 Apr
        • Re: Visual C++ Release buildMichael Nye24 Apr
Re: Visual C++ Release buildRoland Hill24 Apr
  • Re: Visual C++ Release buildWarren Young25 Apr