List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Nye Date:April 23 2007 7:11am
Subject:Visual C++ Release build
View as plain text
Hi all,

I have recently create a program in visual c++ using mysql++ and am now
on the stage of looking to create an executable for distribution.  As
such I am now trying to make my program work under a Release build.  I
have followed configuration settings from the example wforms for the
Release build and the form will load up fine.  However when I click the
button which executes a query, it seems to get stuck at the line,

mysqlpp::Result res = query.store(query_stdstr);

where query_stdstr is just a simple query (eg. SELECT * FROM staff WHERE
staff_name = 'joe').  The query object has been setup using
mysqlpp::Query query = con.query(); and has successfully connected to
the database.  Once the program tries to execute the query the form will
simply close itself down normally (no crash/error warning).  It is very
strange for me because the program works fully in Debug mode but is
having this trouble in release mode.  If I change the coding to simply
print the text "hello world" on a label on the form instead of executing
the query it works fine, so it seems to me to be something wrong with my
settings relating to mysql++ or an incompatibility.

So my question is has anyone else encountered a release build visual c++
program or know why there would be problems like above?

Thanks for any help,

Michael.
Thread
MySQL++ v2.2.2 release imminentWarren Young12 Apr
  • Re: MySQL++ v2.2.2 release imminentRemi Collet12 Apr
  • Visual C++ Release buildMichael Nye23 Apr
    • Re: Visual C++ Release buildDrew M.23 Apr
    • Re: Visual C++ Release buildRoland Hill24 Apr
      • Re: Visual C++ Release buildWarren Young24 Apr
        • Re: Visual C++ Release buildMichael Nye24 Apr
Re: Visual C++ Release buildRoland Hill24 Apr
  • Re: Visual C++ Release buildWarren Young25 Apr