List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:M Imran Siddiqui Date:April 5 2007 9:52am
Subject:Re: bulk insert optimization required
View as plain text
hello,

Thanks for making it clear.

i have seen the source code of Query::insert(iter, iter). It is doing
the same what you are proposing.

If i build INSERT statement myself , then the problem is that i have
to do conversion from different datatypes to string.( for example from
datetime to string ).
Which ofcourse will be a overhead.

Query::insert(iter,iter) handle this overhead problem a little bit
differently.It writes all the values directly to a stream. And then
passes the stream to server for processing.

with best regards,
Imran Siddiqui