List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:April 5 2007 6:54am
Subject:Re: bulk insert optimization required
View as plain text
a b wrote:

> If "Prepare Statement" do not work according to the performance
> required then probably i shall explore the source code of LOAD DATA
> INFILE.

We're not proposing using prepared statements.  Dragomir's suggestion is
to simply insert multiple rows' worth of values in a single INSERT
statement.  This optimization helps because there are fewer round-trips
to the database server.

All you have to do to try this is modify how it builds the INSERT
statement in Query::insert(iter, iter), adding multiple value sets per
statement.  For testing, I'd probably hard-code the number of rows per
insert, and simply see if it helps.  We can get clever later.
Thread
bulk insert optimization requireda b4 Apr
  • Re: bulk insert optimization requiredMr.Dragomir Stanchev4 Apr
    • Re: bulk insert optimization requiredWarren Young5 Apr
      • Re: bulk insert optimization requireda b5 Apr
        • Re: bulk insert optimization requiredWarren Young5 Apr
          • Re: bulk insert optimization requiredM Imran Siddiqui5 Apr
            • Re: bulk insert optimization requiredWarren Young6 Apr