List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andre Sodermans Date:March 29 2007 4:12am
Subject:Re: VC++ express 2005 and msql++
View as plain text
> It may be possible if you change the MySQL++ library build settings
> make it a managed library, but that's way, way beyond both my
competence
> and my interest right now.  All I can do to really help right now is
> accept patches -- whether to the documentation or the code -- from
people
> who actually care about this aspect of things.
>
> You should continue this in the following thread, which revolves
around
> essentially the same issue:
>
> http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/6468

I was facing a couple of difficulties at first with using msql++ and
VC++
express 2005, but all those were caused by funky defaults in VC++.
After I
figured those out, the mysql++ library and samples were working just
fine.
It is really nice to see a database come alive in just a couple of
lines of
code thanks to mysql++.

I did get my windows forms app to work but I got too frustrated with
the
different syntax for managed code (but that's probably just me). I got
some
help from the original author of the thread you are referring to and
I'll
post some comments over there for the people that want to go that
route.

Be a PS3 game guru.
VC++ express 2005 and msql++Andre Sodermans27 Mar
  • Re: VC++ express 2005 and msql++Warren Young28 Mar
Re: VC++ express 2005 and msql++Andre Sodermans29 Mar
  • Re: VC++ express 2005 and msql++Andre Sodermans29 Mar