List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Nye Date:March 28 2007 7:40am
Subject:Re: Problems with Visual C++
View as plain text
Hi all,

Just letting you know I have *finally* got my problem fixed.  Inside the
preprocessor, i had MAKE_MYSQLPP_DLL declared (I must of read this
somewhere) which apparantly was building an incorrect mysqlpp.dll.  I
removed this from the preprocessor, and copied the mysqlpp.dll file from
the mysql++/debug (i think it was /debug) directory into my project
directory, and it solved the link errors.  How I found this was when I
was trialing and erroring different settings I removed the
MAKE_MYSQLPP_DLL line and it compiled/linked fine but couldn't find the
mysqlpp.dll, which made me think about how sample1 was doing it, and it
just had the mysqlpp.dll in the project directory.  In summary for
people with troubles with this I think the major things were:

- Make sure sample1 from mysql++ works
- Copy the majority of the linker / C/C++ settings from sample1 into a
windows forms project (but keep stuff like Systems as Windows)
- Run install.bat in command prompt and copy the folders from C:\mysq++\
into your install directory
- Follow README.vc and don't worry about the managed extensions bit at
the start, it doesn't seem to be an option anymore.  Ensure you have the
linker libraries correct (check the folders your linking to and see
whether the .lib files or whatever you are using are actually in
there).  Do the same for the include file directories and in sample1
where it just says "debug" link to your mysql++ install directory \debug.
- Copy mysqlpp.dll from your mysql++\debug directory into your project
folder

I think that's all that I ended up changing, I don't know which steps
could be skipped etc. because once it worked I just wanted to get
started and not play around seeing exactly how it worked.  Just alot of
trial and error is needed, alot of the errors you can search for the
codes on google and see similar problems and try to relate it to mysql++.

Anyway thanks for all the help,

Michael.
Thread
Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye23 Mar
  • Re: Problems with Visual C++Warren Young23 Mar
    • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye24 Mar
      • Re: Problems with Visual C++gary clark24 Mar
        • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye25 Mar
          • RE: Problems with Visual C++Jim Wallace25 Mar
            • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye26 Mar
              • RE: Problems with Visual C++Jim Wallace26 Mar
                • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye28 Mar
        • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye26 Mar
Re: Problems with Visual C++Andre Sodermans29 Mar
  • Re: Problems with Visual C++Warren Young29 Mar
    • RE: Problems with Visual C++Matt Dargavel29 Mar
    • Re: Problems with Visual C++Warren Young29 Mar