List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Nye Date:March 26 2007 1:01am
Subject:Re: Problems with Visual C++
View as plain text
Yeah the program is using precompiled headers.  And that explains why
the first setup wasn't working.  I turned precompiled headers off and it
started making the same LNK errors.  I've checked the linker settings
and all appear to be fine,

Additional Library Directories: "C:\Program
Files\MySQL\mysql++-2.2.1\Debug";"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server
5.0\lib\debug"
Additional Dependencies: libmysql.lib wsock32.lib mysqlpp.lib

I've tried playing with nearly every setting under Linker or C/C++ with
no success.  I've tried including different libraries such as
mysqlpp_util.lib as well as the above and it doesnt work.  Changing
lib\debug to lib\opt doesn't help either.  This is beginning to be very
frustrating as I really need to get this part of the project moving!
The only things I can see remotely as out of place is in README.vc it
says to have "C:\mysql++\vc\debug" as a library directory, but there are
no files inside this directory... I have run the install.bat file and
just copy + pasted the resulting folders from C:\mysql++ to C:\Program
Files\MySQL\mysql++-2.2.1\ because that's where i've installed it.  To
be safe I installed mysql++ to C:\mysql++ and ran the install.bat file
again and got the same result

I'm pretty sure I followed all the instructions correctly but maybe I
missed something there.  Also there is no such option as "Under
Configuration Properties::General change "Use Managed Extensions" to
"No"" that I can see (using visual studio 2005).

Thanks for any help,

Michael.

Jim Wallace wrote:
> Are you using precompiled headers? (which is on by default).  In that
> case anything before stdafx.h is not processed, so in your example the
> mysql++.h is not really included.  Autocomplete knows about it since
> it's included, but it can't detect if it's compiled in or not.
>
> The LNK errors indicate you're compiling ok, but you're not including
> the library in the link step.  To fix that you need update the linker
> setting.  Add these libs to your Linker->Input->Additional Dependencies:
> libmysql.lib
> mysqlpp.lib, and add the paths to those libraries in the
> Linker->General->Additional Library Directories setting.
>
> HTH

Thread
Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye23 Mar
  • Re: Problems with Visual C++Warren Young23 Mar
    • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye24 Mar
      • Re: Problems with Visual C++gary clark24 Mar
        • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye25 Mar
          • RE: Problems with Visual C++Jim Wallace25 Mar
            • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye26 Mar
              • RE: Problems with Visual C++Jim Wallace26 Mar
                • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye28 Mar
        • Re: Problems with Visual C++Michael Nye26 Mar
Re: Problems with Visual C++Andre Sodermans29 Mar
  • Re: Problems with Visual C++Warren Young29 Mar
    • RE: Problems with Visual C++Matt Dargavel29 Mar
    • Re: Problems with Visual C++Warren Young29 Mar