List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dimitris Servis Date:March 21 2007 10:20pm
Subject:Re: dumping large binary file in database
View as plain text

> If you just need network access, put the current binary file on a file
> share somewhere.  If that won't work for you, write a dedicated row
> access server -- think of a very lightweight, flat-file database here.
> You can do it in a few hundred lines of C.  Either way, you get rid of
> the MySQL overhead, you can still access rows directly, and it's
> maximally fast.

... and BTW, I've done it already once, and just maintaining it is a waste
of time... at first is only a few hundred lines, but it grows really fast...

Thread
dumping large binary file in databaseDimitris Servis20 Mar
  • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseWarren Young20 Mar
    • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseIan Miller21 Mar
      • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseMunira Ahmed21 Mar
      • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseWarren Young21 Mar
        • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseDimitris Servis21 Mar