List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dimitris Servis Date:March 21 2007 9:17am
Subject:Re: dumping large binary file in database
View as plain text
.. and even more.... setting up the SQL query is a killer... the more I
think about it  - and as it turns out probably not a MySQL++ issue - the
best thing would be to store the whole table as a blob and provide the
database with something like a mask description for the data inside, so that
it can perform any queries, for example (int,double,double,double) so that
when I want to access the i-th row of n, I can navigate there by a simple
linear extrapolation....

2007/3/21, Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped>:

> Ian Miller wrote:
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Yes: he said it's too slow the way it works now.  He's got a translation
> from binary -- the current source of the data, apparently -- to text
> inside the client-side program and back to binary in the database
> server.  He wants that import process to go faster, so he's trying to
> get rid of that extra translation.

dumping large binary file in databaseDimitris Servis20 Mar
  • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseWarren Young20 Mar
    • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseIan Miller21 Mar
      • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseMunira Ahmed21 Mar
      • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseWarren Young21 Mar
        • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseDimitris Servis21 Mar