List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Munira Ahmed Date:March 21 2007 4:12am
Subject:Re: dumping large binary file in database
View as plain text
I was just wondering if it is possible to consider  binary data as text and
escape non printable characters. wouldn't  that solve the problem.

any comments!!!!

Regards
Munira Ahmed

On 3/21/07, Ian Miller <ian_o_miller@stripped> wrote:

> Isn't this the advantage of having it in c++? Can't Dimitris just open a
> file in his c++ application, parse the binary data, and store it (via text
> values, SQL query) in the database? All the binary happens on the c++ side.
>
> Am I missing something?
>
> -im
>
> Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote: Dimitris Servis wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to read data for a table from a binary file?
>
> Not through MySQL++ or the underlying C API.  The interface between
> those libraries and the database server is SQL queries, which are text.
>
> The only option I can think of would be to stop the database server,
> translate your data file straight into the raw table format of your
> choice (InnoDB, for instance) and start the database server back up so
> it will see the new table.

> TV dinner still cooling?

dumping large binary file in databaseDimitris Servis20 Mar
  • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseWarren Young20 Mar
    • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseIan Miller21 Mar
      • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseMunira Ahmed21 Mar
      • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseWarren Young21 Mar
        • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseDimitris Servis21 Mar