List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dimitris Servis Date:March 20 2007 8:06pm
Subject:dumping large binary file in database
View as plain text
Hello all,

Is it possible to read data for a table from a binary file? I know it is
possible to do it with ASCII (CSV?)  files (though I don't know how to do it
with MySQL++). Nevertheless, since I want to parse a 3.5 M row table, ASCII
is pretty slow... I would therefore prefer to dump directly the binary data
to the table. Is this possible? My table is pretty simple:

        query <<
            "CREATE TABLE grid " <<
            "(id BIGINT NOT NULL, " <<
            " x1 DOUBLE, " <<
            " x2 DOUBLE, " <<
            " x3 DOUBLE) " <<
            "ENGINE = InnoDB " <<
            "CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci";

Thanks a lot!!!!

Dimitris

Thread
dumping large binary file in databaseDimitris Servis20 Mar
  • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseWarren Young20 Mar
    • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseIan Miller21 Mar
      • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseMunira Ahmed21 Mar
      • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseWarren Young21 Mar
        • Re: dumping large binary file in databaseDimitris Servis21 Mar