List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jack Eidsness Date:March 19 2007 10:39pm
Subject:Re: RPM packaging and library versioning
View as plain text
Remi's spec file already acheived what I was hoping for (but I was
unable to conceive of in a complete picture).  I just didn't understand
it was already a solved problem until he explained it.

-Jack Eidsness

Warren Young wrote:
> Jack Eidsness wrote:
>>
>>   I haven't made time to find a decent example, but I have a vague
>> memory of some packages having a "-compat" counterpart, that
>> simultaneously meets my package management expectations and allows
>> multiple library versions to coexist.
>
> That would imply that we'd ship an RPM containing many versions of the
> MySQL++ library, one for each major version we've shipped.  I don't
> think we have a big enough problem to justify the labor that would
> require.  That's more appropriate for more widely used libraries like
> libmysqlclient, glibc, etc.

Thread
Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness8 Mar
  • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young8 Mar
    • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet8 Mar
      • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young16 Mar
        • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness16 Mar
          • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young17 Mar
            • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet18 Mar
              • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young19 Mar
                • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness19 Mar
                  • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet19 Mar