List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 19 2007 8:23pm
Subject:Re: RPM packaging and library versioning
View as plain text
Jack Eidsness wrote:

>   I haven't made time to find a decent example, but I have a vague
> memory of some packages having a "-compat" counterpart, that
> simultaneously meets my package management expectations and allows
> multiple library versions to coexist.

That would imply that we'd ship an RPM containing many versions of the
MySQL++ library, one for each major version we've shipped.  I don't
think we have a big enough problem to justify the labor that would
require.  That's more appropriate for more widely used libraries like
libmysqlclient, glibc, etc.
Thread
Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness8 Mar
  • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young8 Mar
    • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet8 Mar
      • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young16 Mar
        • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness16 Mar
          • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young17 Mar
            • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet18 Mar
              • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young19 Mar
                • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness19 Mar
                  • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet19 Mar