List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 19 2007 8:19pm
Subject:Re: RPM packaging and library versioning
View as plain text
Remi Collet wrote:
>>> cp -R doc/refman/html/ doc/html/refman
>>> cp -R doc/userman/html/ doc/html/userman
>> That breaks the hyperlinks from the user manual into the reference
>> manual.  If this reorganization is required by Fedora, we can talk about
>> changing the way the manuals are generated so they use that directory
>> structure.  If this is just cosmetic, please take this out of your spec
>> file; it would be a pointless difference.
>
> Done.
> It was just to avoid packaging the build files (Makefile, mktxt, ...)

Yes, I agree, it's messy.

I considered changing the spec file to somehow ignore those files, but
then I decided that I liked your doc directory organization better
anyway.  I've changed the doc build process to produce it directly.

Please check this version out and try it.  There are still quite a few
differences between our spec files, but I'm hoping that they're mostly
the sort that you can adopt, at least after 2.2.2 comes out.  There are
a few areas, like the --enable-thread-check configure flag, which will
remain different.
Thread
Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness8 Mar
  • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young8 Mar
    • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet8 Mar
      • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young16 Mar
        • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness16 Mar
          • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young17 Mar
            • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet18 Mar
              • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young19 Mar
                • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness19 Mar
                  • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet19 Mar