List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonathan Wakely Date:March 19 2007 7:56pm
Subject:Re: programmatic mysqldump
View as plain text
On 19/03/07, Gary Anderson <ganderson@stripped> wrote:

> mysqldump -u user -p database table > outFile <passwordFile
>
> but that didn't work.  Can someone suggest an alternative?

If you're happy for the password to be in a file, you could use ~/.my.cnf

make that only readable by the user who runs the batch job, or put the
password in a different file and specify the file on the mysqldump
command line (IIRC it allows you to specify the my.cnf file to use)

jon
Thread
programmatic mysqldumpGary Anderson19 Mar
  • Re: programmatic mysqldumpJonathan Wakely19 Mar