List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 17 2007 3:37am
Subject:Re: Why does ColData need two strings for the same data?
View as plain text
Philippe Dirkse wrote:

> I was curious whether there was
> a specific reason for the way the thing is currently implemented.

Yes: MySQL++ had no decent BLOB support at all until recently.
Row::raw_data() is a low-level mechanism, not something we want to
encourage people to use.  It's better to extend the current high-level
mechanisms to support BLOBs better than to add sugar to the low-level
mechanisms.

If you want to help move this along, see the Wishlist.  v2.3 will be
very heavily BLOB oriented.  (Beware that I'm working on v2.3 right now,
though, so please coordinate with me if you want to start tackling some
of the items on the Wishlist.)
Thread
Why does ColData need two strings for the same data?Philippe Dirkse14 Mar
  • Re: Why does ColData need two strings for the same data?Warren Young15 Mar
  • Re: Why does ColData need two strings for the same data?Philippe Dirkse16 Mar
    • Re: Why does ColData need two strings for the same data?Warren Young17 Mar