List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:March 15 2007 11:58pm
Subject:Re: RPM packaging and library versioning
View as plain text
Remi Collet wrote:

> Using -soname, the .so (link) must be provided by mysql++-devel
> sub-package as it is not required to run binaries.

That's sensible.  Thanks for clearing that up for me.

> I've look at bakefile documentation (quite poor on this feature).

I've contributed several patches to the Bakefile docs, but yes, it still
needs work.

> There
> are options for "dll" (dllname, libname, version and so_version) but i
> don't know how to use them...). Need more search/try.

Again, I don't think Bakefile is the right place for this.  Bakefile is
platform-independent, whereas the change you're talking about is not.
The right place for it is as an autoconf test.  Then you just substitute
the flags into the generated Makefiles the same way we do for pthreads
and probably other things I'm forgetting right now.
Thread
Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness8 Mar
  • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young8 Mar
    • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet8 Mar
      • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young16 Mar
        • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness16 Mar
          • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young17 Mar
            • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet18 Mar
              • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningWarren Young19 Mar
                • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningJack Eidsness19 Mar
                  • Re: RPM packaging and library versioningRemi Collet19 Mar