List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:fred ouille Date:February 28 2007 10:34am
Subject:SSL Connection error
View as plain text
Hello,

I am working on a mysql++ application which has to connect to a MySQL
server. I would like to use SSL secured connections but I get an SSL
connection error and I can't find out why. Here is how I am doing it :

First of all, I'am working on Windows XP and Visual C++ 2005. I use MySQL
5.0.27 and mysql++ 2.2.0

I started by creating my certs with OpenSSL 0.9.8d.
Then, I configured the MySQL server by modifying the my.ini file like this :

[client]

port=3306
ssl-ca = "E:/SSL/cacert.pem"
ssl-capath = "E:/SSL/newcerts/"
ssl-cert = "E:/SSL/client-cert.pem"
ssl-key = "E:/SSL/client-key.pem"
ssl-cipher = ALL

[mysqld]

# The TCP/IP Port the MySQL Server will listen on
port=3306

ssl-ca = "D:/MySQL/SSL/cacert.pem"
ssl-capath = "D:/MySQL/SSL/newcerts/"
ssl-cert = "D:/MySQL/SSL/server-cert.pem"
ssl-key = "D:/MySQL/SSL/server-key.pem"
ssl-cipher = ALL

I created an account with the GRANT ... REQUIRE SSL command

I tried to connect with MySQL client :
mysql -u Fred -ppassword --ssl and no problem

I checked the ssl variables, and again no problem, everything is ok

Then I tried to connect the server through my application :

bool ConnectDB( Connection &connection, const char * pNameDB, const char *
pHost, const char * pUser, const char * pPassword )
{
  int iPort = 3306;
  unsigned int iClientFlag = CLIENT_SSL;

  const char * pKey =  "..\\SSL\\client-key.pem";
  const char * pCert = "..\\SSL\\client-cert.pem";
  const char * pCA =   "..\\SSL\\cacert.pem";
  const char * pCApath = "..\\SSL\\newcerts\\";
  const char * pCipher = "ALL";

  //connexion
  try
  {
    connection.enable_ssl( pKey, pCert, pCA, pCApath, pCipher );
    connection.connect( pNameDB, pHost, pUser, pPassword, iPort, 0, 60, 0,
iClientFlag );
  }
  catch ( ConnectionFailed error )
  {
    cout << "ConnectDB() failed" << endl;
    cout << "erreur connection :" << error.what() << endl;
    cout << "num err :" << connection.errnum() << endl;
    return false;
  }
  return true;
}

This code always give me the SSL connection error, I tried to give absolute
and relative paths for the certs files, I tried to use the set_option()
function to activate opt_secure_auth option but this function returned
false.

Could anyone tell me what's wrong ?!!

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english which is certainly not
perfect....just like my code ;)

Personnalisez votre Messenger avec Live.com
http://www.windowslive.fr/livecom/

Thread
SSL Connection errorfred ouille28 Feb
  • Re: SSL Connection errorWarren Young28 Feb
    • Re: SSL Connection errorfred ouille28 Feb
      • Re: SSL Connection errorWarren Young28 Feb
        • Re: SSL Connection errorfred ouille28 Feb
          • Re: SSL Connection errorWarren Young28 Feb
            • Re: SSL Connection errorfred ouille2 Mar
              • Re: SSL Connection errorWarren Young2 Mar
                • Re: SSL Connection errorfred ouille2 Mar
                • Re: SSL Connection errorfred ouille6 Mar