List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bassam A. Al-Khaffaf Date:February 26 2007 12:51am
Subject:How to overcome a runtime error when there is no matching in database
View as plain text
Dear All,

   Using win32 C++ with MySQL++ 2.2.0. I am trying to query my data base
using SSQLS. I am successfully retrieving the information from my database
using the following command:

Cout << attributesList.lower_bound(_ATTRIBUTES_LIST(attribute_id,
vendor_id))->attribute_name << endl;

However, I am getting a runtime error when there is no  (attribute_id,
vendor_id) matching in my database so how can I control or overcome this
error.

For example, if there is nothing returned, a NULL or “no match found”
message could be show up.

Regards

Bassam