List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Королев Илья Date:February 1 2007 2:16pm
Subject:Re: troubles with 2.2.0
View as plain text
> The problem with preview() is that it must "freeze" the query into a
> final form, as opposed to the intermediate form it uses when holding the
> query prior to execution.  preview() almost goes completely through the
> actual query finalization process in order to freeze the query, so it
> can have unfortunate side effects.  Probably the change is due to the
> Query call chain reorganization, needed to allow nulls in queries.
>
> I'm not saying that's what's going on for certain, but that's my best
> guess right now.  Unfortunately, I'm not likely to be able to spend much
> more time on it for a while.

I hope that you will find some time to solve this bug. It sounds like a joke,
but this bug make v2.2.0 not binary, not logically compatible with previous
versions - because of bug existent code doesn't work. So v2.2.0 should be at
last 3.0.0 :)
Thread
troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья24 Jan
  • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Robert Mecklenburg24 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Warren Young24 Jan
      • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Robert Mecklenburg25 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья25 Jan
      • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Drew M.27 Jan
  • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Warren Young24 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья25 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья1 Feb