List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Королев Илья Date:January 25 2007 7:55am
Subject:Re: troubles with 2.2.0
View as plain text
> The problem with preview() is that it must "freeze" the query into a
> final form, as opposed to the intermediate form it uses when holding the
> query prior to execution.  preview() almost goes completely through the
> actual query finalization process in order to freeze the query, so it
> can have unfortunate side effects.  Probably the change is due to the
> Query call chain reorganization, needed to allow nulls in queries.

IMHO functions like preview() must not make any changes to Query object, they
must work with its copy => they should be "const". But I guess it's
impossible to _easily_ make such changes right now :(

PS Anyway, it's a strange behavior - attempt to "freeze" query, cause query
corruption. I'll try to find a decision.
Thread
troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья24 Jan
  • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Robert Mecklenburg24 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Warren Young24 Jan
      • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Robert Mecklenburg25 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья25 Jan
      • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Drew M.27 Jan
  • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Warren Young24 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья25 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья1 Feb