List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 24 2007 4:41pm
Subject:Re: troubles with 2.2.0
View as plain text
Королев Илья wrote:

> Query q;
> q << "...";
> cerr << q.preview() << endl;
> q.execute();

preview() has always been heavy-handed.  This could be a case where it
only worked accidentally before, not because it was really supposed to work.

The problem with preview() is that it must "freeze" the query into a
final form, as opposed to the intermediate form it uses when holding the
query prior to execution.  preview() almost goes completely through the
actual query finalization process in order to freeze the query, so it
can have unfortunate side effects.  Probably the change is due to the
Query call chain reorganization, needed to allow nulls in queries.

I'm not saying that's what's going on for certain, but that's my best
guess right now.  Unfortunately, I'm not likely to be able to spend much
more time on it for a while.
Thread
troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья24 Jan
  • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Robert Mecklenburg24 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Warren Young24 Jan
      • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Robert Mecklenburg25 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья25 Jan
      • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Drew M.27 Jan
  • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Warren Young24 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья25 Jan
    • Re: troubles with 2.2.0Королев Илья1 Feb