List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 20 2007 6:02pm
Subject:Re: Support for mysql++ in Fedora?
View as plain text

Somewhere on http://fedora.redhat.com/ no doubt.

> If I do the work then can the mysql++ RPMs be included in the FC5, FC6, etc
> releases?

I've never known a new package to be accepted into any released version
of a Linux distribution, Fedora or no.  That's the quality that makes it
"released".

If you need MySQL++ to be part of your Linux install process, it's
possible to build your own distribution based on an existing one plus a
few extra packages.

> As well, where do the binary RPMs come from?  Do I build them or is there a
> special build system that creates the binary RPMs once the source RPM is
> created?

Wow.  If you don't even know where binary RPMs come from, you'd better
get yourself back to school for a while before bringing this topic up
with the Fedora maintainers.  Start with http://rpm.org .  Then, look at
the rpm target in the top-level MySQL++ Makefile.
Thread
Support for mysql++ in Fedora?Bruce Keats18 Jan
  • Re: Support for mysql++ in Fedora?Warren Young18 Jan
  • Re: Support for mysql++ in Fedora?Remi Collet19 Jan
  • Re: Support for mysql++ in Fedora?Matej Cepl23 Jan
Re: Support for mysql++ in Fedora?Bruce Keats19 Jan
  • Re: Support for mysql++ in Fedora?Warren Young20 Jan