List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Wallace Date:January 17 2007 4:34pm
Subject:RE: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
View as plain text
Our server is set to disconnect idle sessions, so it is a 'normal'
occurrence to get this error.  Ping() doesn't appear to help, so I use a
set of macros to handle exceptions and do retry.  Below is how I use
them.  I can send them to you if your interested.

And here's how I use them

	CHECK_CONNECTION

	BEGIN_TRY_SQL

	END_TRY_SQL( "DeletePlayer" )

As an aside, did you init mysql on each thread? (mysql_thread_init,
etc.)