List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:January 17 2007 5:07am
Subject:Re: Some strange problem SegFault at conn_->lock()
View as plain text
Manuel Jung wrote:
> My programm is multithreaded and has different
> MySQL Connections on a per thread basis.

Are you also segregating the Query, Row, and other such objects by
thread?  All of the major object types in MySQL++ tied back to a
Connection object (sometimes indirectly), so if you only segregate
Connections by thread but share Query objects among threads, you're
still effectively sharing the Connections among those threads.

> #1  0xb7ce1ca8 in mysqlpp::Query::lock (this=0x80b3de4) at query.cpp:137

The fact that lock() is implicated is a further hint that you're not
completely segregating each MySQL conversation to a single thread.
lock() is ideally supposed to make that segregation unnecessary, but
right now, it's almost completely ineffectual.
Thread
Some strange problem SegFault at conn_->lock()Manuel Jung15 Jan
  • Re: Some strange problem SegFault at conn_->lock()Warren Young17 Jan