List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Frantisek Kaduch Date:January 8 2007 12:36pm
Subject:VARBINARY and VARCHAR
View as plain text
Hello,

I've a question regarding the VARBINARY field type. I'm using MySQL 5.0.27 and
mysql++-2.1.1.
Can I insert binary data, it means a string of unsigned chars, with values in
the range 0 - 255 in the VARCHAR field ? I tried first to define the field as
VARBINARY, but could  not find a corresponding mysql++type in the
sql_types.h, something like "sql_varbinary", there's only sql_varchar
available.
The data to insert I acquire from the stream of digital TV and they form an SI
table binary descriptor.

thanks

--
Frantisek Kaduch