List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ian Miller Date:December 29 2006 3:30am
Subject:Bakefile
View as plain text
I am working on a database project that led me to explore mysql++ as well as a scientific
visualization package. Both required the user to compile source code, which I attempted
on both Win XP and Ubuntu.

In comparing the experience with both packages, I found the makefile generation easier
with the visualization package. They use an opensource tool called cmake, which performs
the same (cross-platform) functions as bakefile, but which seems more mature. I realize
by browsing the email archives that this note is about 10 months too late, but I thought
I'd include some feedback from the end user.

I still haven't gotten bakefile to set up correctly, but I need more time to tinker. You
may hear from me again once I figure out what questions to ask.

Thanks for your software; it looks excellent.

Ian

Thread
BakefileIan Miller29 Dec
  • Re: BakefileWarren Young29 Dec