List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gary clark Date:December 22 2006 1:32pm
Subject:Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?
View as plain text
Thanks Warren. I pushed the data into a mediumtext
column.
I then got the raw data using part of the example
in the user guide I think on page 21.
I can push out the raw data to stdout using fwrite.

Do you know how to convert this back to the original
data?

i.e L=76 , L being the raw data and 76 being the
equivalent? This might seem like a stupid question,
but is there a column type coverter to do this for me?

Again thanks,
Garyc

Is there a command to convert the raw data to decimal
--- Warren Young <mysqlpp@stripped> wrote:

> gary clark wrote:
> >
> > I have a quick question.
> >
> > Using mysqlpp 2.1.1.
> >
> > I want to pack a buffer into mediumtext column.
> >
> > What type field should I specify when using
> >
> > sql_create_N(...)
> >
> > I want to create a row using sql_create and push
> that
> > into my table. The problem I'm having is that I'm
> > unsure on what row type field I need to specify.
> >
> > I thought of using "string" type is this correct?
>
> Yes, string will work.  It'll work for any textual
> field type, in fact.
>   Keep in mind, a lot of the SQL data types exist to
> allow you to trade
> off total capacity against storage overhead.  Unless
> your program has
> need of similar in-memory tradeoffs, I wouldn't
> worry too much about
> trying to find alternatives to string.  In fact, if
> you had a memory-
> bound program, I'd first look to changing store()
> queries to use()
> queries wherever possible, rather than trying to
> squeeze bytes out of
> SSQLSes.

http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus?unsub=1

Thread
transactionschristian hofmeister20 Dec
  • Re: transactionsAngelo Dipierro20 Dec
    • Re: transactionschristian hofmeister20 Dec
  • Re: transactionsWarren Young20 Dec
    • Re: transactionsWarren Young20 Dec
      • new User manualjoh3@lithophile.com20 Dec
      • Re: transactionschristian hofmeister23 Dec
    • Re: transactionsAngelo Dipierro21 Dec
      • handling medium text in sql_create statement?gary clark21 Dec
        • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?Warren Young22 Dec
          • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?gary clark22 Dec
            • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?Warren Young22 Dec
              • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?gary clark22 Dec
                • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?Warren Young22 Dec
RE: transactionsJim Wallace20 Dec