List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 22 2006 11:46am
Subject:Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?
View as plain text
gary clark wrote:

> I have a quick question.
>
> Using mysqlpp 2.1.1.
>
> I want to pack a buffer into mediumtext column.
>
> What type field should I specify when using
>
> sql_create_N(...)
>
> I want to create a row using sql_create and push that
> into my table. The problem I'm having is that I'm
> unsure on what row type field I need to specify.
>
> I thought of using "string" type is this correct?

Yes, string will work.  It'll work for any textual field type, in fact.
  Keep in mind, a lot of the SQL data types exist to allow you to trade
off total capacity against storage overhead.  Unless your program has
need of similar in-memory tradeoffs, I wouldn't worry too much about
trying to find alternatives to string.  In fact, if you had a memory-
bound program, I'd first look to changing store() queries to use()
queries wherever possible, rather than trying to squeeze bytes out of
SSQLSes.
Thread
transactionschristian hofmeister20 Dec
  • Re: transactionsAngelo Dipierro20 Dec
    • Re: transactionschristian hofmeister20 Dec
  • Re: transactionsWarren Young20 Dec
    • Re: transactionsWarren Young20 Dec
      • new User manualjoh3@lithophile.com20 Dec
      • Re: transactionschristian hofmeister23 Dec
    • Re: transactionsAngelo Dipierro21 Dec
      • handling medium text in sql_create statement?gary clark21 Dec
        • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?Warren Young22 Dec
          • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?gary clark22 Dec
            • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?Warren Young22 Dec
              • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?gary clark22 Dec
                • Re: handling medium text in sql_create statement?Warren Young22 Dec
RE: transactionsJim Wallace20 Dec