List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:joh3@lithophile.com Date:December 20 2006 7:24pm
Subject:Re: help... how do i use SSQLS within my own classes...
View as plain text
Thanks for your help in this, i really appreciate it...

i am going to have to research the preprocessor work, so that i can get it all
together....

cheers

Joe

Warren Young wrote:
> joh3@stripped wrote:
>>
>> /tmp/ccc67q0l.o:/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-linux-gnu/4.1.1/include/g++-v4/iostream:78:
>>
>> multiple definition of `Target_Region::_table'
>
> Every SSQLS type includes two static member variables; _table is one. If
> you don't do anything to avoid it, they're assigned default values
> within the sql_create_* macro, so if the compiler sees that macro call
> twice, it sees two separate assignments to a static member variable,
> which annoys it.
>
> To fix this, I would put the sql_create_* macro in a separate .h file,
> and #define MYSQLPP_SSQLS_NO_STATICS above all #includes for that file
> except for one.  This ensures that the static members are assigned to
> only once.  You can see this pattern in action in the examples: the
> 'stock' SSQLS type is defined in stock.h, and it is included in both
> util.cpp and in custom*.cpp.
>
> Your situation is slightly more complex because you are #including the
> SSQLS definition within a .h file.  You'll probably need a little C
> preprocessor work to avoid problems here.
>
>> also i need to extend the mysql++ library to use the geospatial mysql
>> extensions, i am slowly working out how mysql++ all fits together,
>> would you
>> like patches to make them work if i can get it working?
>
> Simple patches like this usually get accepted pretty quickly.  I suggest
> looking at lib/sql_types.h.
>
>> should they be against the svn code or the base mysql++ 2.1.1 code?
>
> Against svn, if at all possible.  That makes it easier for you to
> generate diffs, and for me to apply them.

Thread
help... how do i use SSQLS within my own classes...joh3@lithophile.com20 Dec
  • RE: help... how do i use SSQLS within my own classes...Joel Fielder20 Dec
  • Re: help... how do i use SSQLS within my own classes...Warren Young20 Dec
    • Re: help... how do i use SSQLS within my own classes...joh3@lithophile.com20 Dec
      • Re: help... how do i use SSQLS within my own classes...Warren Young20 Dec