List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 15 2006 8:47pm
Subject:Re: sql_create_x and Type issues
View as plain text
Eric C. Anderson wrote:
> It may be small condolence, but I have not had any luck with those
> sql_create_x macros either. They seem to generate code that refuses to
> compile, no matter what you do.

Many people use SSQLS every day successfully, including me, the
library's maintainer.  SSQLS is finicky -- which is one reason we're
playing with ideas for replacements -- but it is undeniably useful as-is.

> I have abandoned them, after wasting an entire
> day on it.

Okay, but you'll waste more than one day writing SQL code by hand by
avoiding them.

Perhaps you need to study the user guide more carefully.  There are
several subtleties in declaring a SSQLS that are non-obvious.
Thread
sql_create_x and Type issuesDan Wez15 Dec
  • Re: sql_create_x and Type issuesdon thompson15 Dec
    • Re: sql_create_x and Type issuesWarren Young15 Dec
  • Re: sql_create_x and Type issuesWarren Young15 Dec
Re: sql_create_x and Type issuesEric C. Anderson15 Dec
  • Re: sql_create_x and Type issuesWarren Young15 Dec