List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 28 2006 12:04am
Subject:Re: works ok, examples won't compile
View as plain text
Elias Nakos wrote:
> g++ -I/usr/include/mysql -I /usr/include/mysql++ -I../lib -lmysqlclient
> -lmysqlpp -O0 -c util.cpp
> stock.h:41: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘cchar’ with no type

This is very strange.  Type cchar is declared in defs.h, one of the core
headers for MySQL++.  If it isn't being included via mysql++.h,
something is broken with the Ubuntu package.

First, I would suggest verifying this guess by replacing the body of
your test program's main function with this:

	mysqlpp::cchar x = 29;
	return x;

If that fails in the same way, I'm right.  If not, let us know what
actually happened.

Assuming I've diagnosed the problem correctly, try building MySQL++ from
the tarball, obtained from http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/ .  If that
works, you need to contact the maintainer of the Ubuntu package and have
them fix it.
Thread
works ok, examples won't compileElias Nakos24 Nov
  • Re: works ok, examples won't compileWarren Young28 Nov