List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 20 2006 8:48pm
Subject:Re: Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)
View as plain text
Ankur G35 Saxena wrote:

> Ok fine I agree, now if this was an image I was trying to read of the
> FS, then what?

Well, personally, I prefer to store images outside the database.  I
think big BLOBs are a bad fit with the way database servers are designed
to be used.

But if you're asking how, generally, do you do BLOBs in MySQL++, the
answer is in examples/load_image.cpp.

Yes, this can be better, which is what most of the Wishlist items for
the next version or two are about.  If you want them to appear faster,
provide a patch.
Thread
Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)Ankur G35 Saxena19 Nov
  • Re: Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)Warren Young20 Nov
    • Re: Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)Ankur G35 Saxena20 Nov
      • Re: Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)Warren Young20 Nov