List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 20 2006 4:57pm
Subject:Re: Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)
View as plain text
Ankur G35 Saxena wrote:

> I need help in convertin this piece of code in C strings rather than
> streams and strings. can someone please help me out with the use of
> escape in char*.
>
> c_struct is a C structure with some char buffers and int values.
>
> string fill((char*)c_struct, len);

This is very poor practice.  It will break if you:

- change certain compiler options

- change compiler vendors

- change CPU types (including 32-bit to 64-bit)

- use different compilers or build options on multiple machines
accessing the same database

- change the slightest thing about the definition of c_struct

This code is crying out for c_struct to be a SSQLS.  Then the "how"
becomes obvious.
Thread
Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)Ankur G35 Saxena19 Nov
  • Re: Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)Warren Young20 Nov
    • Re: Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)Ankur G35 Saxena20 Nov
      • Re: Storing BLOB using C constructs and no STL(string, streams etc)Warren Young20 Nov