List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gary clark Date:November 15 2006 11:14pm
Subject:Re: Problems with mysql and mysql++ examples
View as plain text
Ok got past that problem. Basically I had to set the
privileges up for the root correctly.

Thanks,
garyc

--- gary clark <burslem2001@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to mysql and would like to use mysql++ to
> interface to mysql.
>
> I'm using the following:
>
> mysql++2.1.1
> mysql.5.0.27
> Visual Studio 2005
> XP machine.
>
> Ok looks like I installed and built everything OK.
> Good start. I then wanted to use the examples given
> in mysql++ user manual.
>
> I ran the following:
>
> C:\>resetdb localhost garyc password 3306
>
> This gives me a failure:
>
> Database connection failed: Error connection DB:
> Access denied for user 'garyc'@'localhost' to
> database
> 'mysql_cpp_data'
>
> When I just run:
>
> C:\>resetdb localhost
>
> The database gets constructed and I can see this by
> running the executable mysqlshow and see that the
> mysql_cpp_data does indeed get created.
>
> Ok I try to run the simple1 application:
>
> C:\simple1 localhost garyc password 3306
>
> It fails.
>
> C:\simple1 localhost
>
> Also fails in util.c
>
> Database connection failed: Error connection DB:
> Access denied for user 'garyc'@'localhost' to
> database
> 'mysql_cpp_data'
>

> Any idea of how I can debug this. Its a permission
> issue I think?
>
> Much appreciated,
> Garyc

> beta.
> http://new.mail.yahoo.com

http://new.mail.yahoo.com
Thread
Problems with mysql and mysql++ examplesgary clark14 Nov
  • Compile Error/Code IssueFreyja16 Nov
    • RE: Compile Error/Code IssueJoel Fielder16 Nov
      • Re: Compile Error/Code IssueFreyja17 Nov
        • Re: Compile Error/Code IssueJoel Fielder17 Nov
  • Re: Problems with mysql and mysql++ examplesWarren Young16 Nov
    • Re: Problems with mysql and mysql++ examplesgary clark16 Nov
Re: Problems with mysql and mysql++ examplesgary clark16 Nov