List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gary clark Date:November 14 2006 11:01pm
Subject:Problems with mysql and mysql++ examples
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm new to mysql and would like to use mysql++ to
interface to mysql.

I'm using the following:

mysql++2.1.1
mysql.5.0.27
Visual Studio 2005
XP machine.

Ok looks like I installed and built everything OK.
Good start. I then wanted to use the examples given
in mysql++ user manual.

I ran the following:

C:\>resetdb localhost garyc password 3306

This gives me a failure:

Database connection failed: Error connection DB:
Access denied for user 'garyc'@'localhost' to database
'mysql_cpp_data'

When I just run:

C:\>resetdb localhost

The database gets constructed and I can see this by
running the executable mysqlshow and see that the
mysql_cpp_data does indeed get created.

Ok I try to run the simple1 application:

C:\simple1 localhost garyc password 3306

It fails.

C:\simple1 localhost

Also fails in util.c

Database connection failed: Error connection DB:
Access denied for user 'garyc'@'localhost' to database
'mysql_cpp_data'

Any idea of how I can debug this. Its a permission
issue I think?

Much appreciated,
Garyc

http://new.mail.yahoo.com
Thread
Problems with mysql and mysql++ examplesgary clark14 Nov
  • Compile Error/Code IssueFreyja16 Nov
    • RE: Compile Error/Code IssueJoel Fielder16 Nov
      • Re: Compile Error/Code IssueFreyja17 Nov
        • Re: Compile Error/Code IssueJoel Fielder17 Nov
  • Re: Problems with mysql and mysql++ examplesWarren Young16 Nov
    • Re: Problems with mysql and mysql++ examplesgary clark16 Nov
Re: Problems with mysql and mysql++ examplesgary clark16 Nov