List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:November 13 2006 11:17pm
Subject:Re: Could not find working MySQL client library!
View as plain text
Remi Collet wrote:
> A solution is :
> configure --with-mysql-lib=/usr/lib64/mysql
>
> In fact configure didn't test this "standard" directory.

Because none of the active developers of MySQL++ (i.e., "me") have a
64-bit system on hand to play with.  (One or two of our newer machines
might be capable of 64-bit, but since none of them have anywhere near 4
GB in them, there would be no point to using a 64-bit distribution.)

If you want to see a particular change made, provide a patch.  A simple
thing like this is very easy to get accepted.  Follow the instructions
in the HACKERS file in the MySQL++ distribution to increase your chances
of acceptance.

> Why configure didn't use informations provided by mysql_config ?

Because I had no idea it existed.  :)  How old is this tool?  I don't
want to support it if it isn't available on at least v4.1 and up.  I'd
be happier if it was on 3.23 and up, so we don't have to raise our
requirements level.
Thread
Could not find working MySQL client library!Zeddy Chirombe27 Oct
  • Re: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young28 Oct
    • Re: Could not find working MySQL client library!Zeddy Chirombe28 Oct
      • Re: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young30 Oct
        • Re: Could not find working MySQL client library!Remi Collet13 Nov
          • Re: Could not find working MySQL client library!Warren Young14 Nov
  • Re: Could not find working MySQL client library!Remi Collet30 Oct