List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 25 2006 12:10pm
Subject:Re: Using MySQL++ in Your Own Projects
View as plain text
Klemen Dovrtel wrote:
> I read in readme file that i should "Add a .cpp file
> to the solution so it _knows_ it's a C/C++
> solution."....Which .cpp file is that?

It doesn't matter.  If you don't have one, make an empty one.  The point
is, VC++ isn't smart enough to understand that a project is a C++
project if there are no files with a .cpp extension in it, so it won't
show the C++ configuration options.

> I copied the
> lib directory to my project,

That should not be necessary.  You can reference the built MySQL++
library anywhere on the hard drive.

> i copied util.h

That's only used by the examples.  The only headers you need are in the
lib subdir.

i got no errors during compiling, but i get
> a lot of linking errors.

Did you add the MySQL++ library to the list of libraries linked to the
program?
Thread
Using MySQL++ in Your Own ProjectsKlemen Dovrtel25 Oct
  • Re: Using MySQL++ in Your Own ProjectsWarren Young25 Oct
  • RE: Using MySQL++ in Your Own ProjectsMatt Dargavel25 Oct