List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 6 2006 7:39pm
Subject:Re: Problem in building mysql++-2.0.7 examples on Solaris 8 using
CC 5.3
View as plain text
Gupta Manik-a24141 wrote:

> I am trying to build the mysql++-2.0.7 examples on Solaris 8 using CC
> 5.3

I would first suggest trying a newer compiler, or switching to GCC.
MySQL++ has a way of pushing compilers to their limits: there are many
C++ compilers that claim to comply with the standard, but which do not
in fact support the entire language.  MySQL++ uses more features in the
language than most other C++ libraries.

You might also install all of the current autotools on your system
(autoconf, automake, libtool...), and then run the bootstrap script.
It's possible -- though unlikely -- that there are linkage fixes in
these tools that aren't in the distributed versions of MySQL++ that are
in current autotools.

Finally, and this is a long shot, I'd try MySQL++ 2.1.  If anything,
though, this is a step backwards relative to the linkage issues.  The
only reason it might improve things is that the new build system is a
lot less clever than the old one, so it might work by virtue of not
pushing your development tools in a direction they don't want to go.
That said, moving to MySQL++ 2.1 is a good idea anyway, because we're
just not going back to the autotools.  Bakefile solves a real problem
for us, so if I make any change here at all, it's to another similar
tool.  I'm not going to regress on this front.
Thread
Problem in building mysql++-2.0.7 examples on Solaris 8 using CC 5.3Gupta Manik-a241416 Oct
  • Re: Problem in building mysql++-2.0.7 examples on Solaris 8 usingCC 5.3Warren Young6 Oct
    • RE: Problem in building mysql++-2.0.7 examples on Solaris 8 using CC 5.3Gupta Manik-a241417 Oct
      • Re: Problem in building mysql++-2.0.7 examples on Solaris 8 usingCC 5.3Warren Young12 Oct
    • RE: Problem in building mysql++-2.0.7 examples on Solaris 8 using CC 5.3Gupta Manik-a241419 Oct