List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Campbell Date:October 4 2006 3:00pm
Subject:Connection Timeouts
View as plain text
Hi all,

What's the best way to set connection timeouts to a long value (an hour or
more)?  I've got code that creates a group of connections and set the
timeout for each one to a large value (3600, 36000, etc).  I put these
connection in a pool and hand them out when needed.  Before I hand out the
connection, I call the ping() method.  The ping() method returns non-zero on
all my connections after a minute or two.  So I have to drop the connections
and recreate new ones (which defeats the point of having a pool).  I
actually set the connection value twice (each has the same value) when I
create the connection.  I call set_option( opt_connect_timeout, 360000 )
after I create the connection object.  I also pass in 360000 as the timeout
value to the connect() method.  Neither of these seem to have an effect on
the timeout behavior.  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

-Brian

Brian E Campbell
becampbel@stripped

Thread
Connection TimeoutsBrian Campbell4 Oct
  • Re: Connection TimeoutsWarren Young4 Oct
    • Re: Connection TimeoutsBrian Campbell4 Oct
      • Re: Connection TimeoutsWarren Young4 Oct