List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:October 4 2006 1:25pm
Subject:Re: Works great on WinXP, when run on Win03 it crashes and burns.
View as plain text
Nick V wrote:
> No offense or anything, but im getting an "assshole" vibe off that
> comment.

You can certainly take it that way if you like.  But, you might also
observe that I'm the only asshole who bothered to answer you at all.

I read back through my reply, and while I can see how you could read
that tone into it, it doesn't have to read that way.

Even the snarky comment about Windows was meant in part to point out an
important fact: Windows really isn't made to be used remotely.  It's not
about technology, it's about mindset.  Windows' roots are in the desktop
PC world, while Linux's roots are in the teletype and minicomputer
world; Linux's predecessors were almost _always_ used remotely, by
everyone.  That makes for different design decisions than when you
always have local access to a graphical display, mouse, etc.  I use all
three major operating platforms daily.  If one was good at everything, I
wouldn't have to use all three.  If I want a platform where I can debug
software remotely, Linux wins.  There's no bias there at all -- it's
just an objective judgment.
Thread
Works great on WinXP, when run on Win03 it crashes and burns.Nick V3 Oct
  • Re: Works great on WinXP, when run on Win03 it crashes and burns.Warren Young4 Oct
    • Re: Works great on WinXP, when run on Win03 it crashes and burns.Nick V4 Oct
      • Re: Works great on WinXP, when run on Win03 it crashes and burns.Warren Young4 Oct
        • Re: Works great on WinXP, when run on Win03 it crashes and burns.Nick V5 Oct
  • Re: Works great on WinXP, when run on Win03 it crashes and burns.Carlos Flores4 Oct