List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Matt Dargavel Date:September 28 2006 3:20pm
Subject:RE: Teaching mysql ... 2
View as plain text
gcc / g++ etc are cross-platform and are available for Windows:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ .  If you want a development environment to go with
that, apparently Eclipse is a popular Open Source platform (although I've
not tried it) http://www.eclipse.org/ .

Alternatively the Microsoft compiler is included as part of the Windows
Platform SDK
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0BAF2B35-C656-4969-
ACE8-E4C0C0716ADB&displaylang=en .  They also provide a Development
Environment in the form of the Visual Studio Express products, which are
free and targeted at hobbyists / students.  The C++ version can be found at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/express/visualc/ (you'll want the Platform
SDK as well).