List:MySQL++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Langston Date:September 27 2006 2:09am
Subject:Re: Can/should this be added to MySQL++?

> Jim Langston wrote:
> >    SetOffset( "Race", *reinterpret_cast<unsigned int*>( &Base->Race
> ) );
>
> *RETCH*
>
> The need for reinterpret_cast alone is a deal-killer for me.  This is
> one of the reasons I don't like to use raw C.

Yes, I looked and looked but couldnt' find a better solution for this.  Race
is an enum.

>    if ( ! PlayerTable.LoadTable( "Name", "Serpardum" ) )
> >        std::cout << "Serpardum not found" << std::endl;
> >    else
> >        PlayerTable.OutputMapByColumn();
> >
> >    PlayerTable >> Player;
>
> I guess I'm not studying your code closely enough, because I don't see
> what you're doing here that can't be done with SSQLS.

I asked before on, I believe, this list for the ability to go directly to my
table and was told it couldn't be done.  I asked specifically if MySQL++ had
the ability to load directly into a class/structure and was told no.  You
are telling me I can do this with SSQLS?

> I also allow
>
>   PlayerTable << Player;
>
> to set the fields in the table so I can .update() or .insert() them.

The only difference between this and SSQLS is that you are inserting
into a table object, whereas you insert into a query object with SSQLS.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other as far as I can tell.

Player is my own class with it's own variables.  An instance that's being
used by the application.  I was told I couldnt' do this in MySQL++

> How hard would it be to implement this in MySQL++ if it even should?

It seems to me that you're trying to reinvent SSQLS.  What isn't clear
to me yet is that you've done it better.

Thread
Can/should this be added to MySQL++?Jim Langston26 Sep
  • Re: Can/should this be added to MySQL++?Warren Young27 Sep
    • Re: Can/should this be added to MySQL++?Jim Langston27 Sep
      • Re: Can/should this be added to MySQL++?Warren Young28 Sep